Tuesday 18 February 2014

The Start

The purpose creating this blog is to track my daily progress of preparation for the GMAT. I’ve been trying to study the GMAT on my own for the past 6 months but I’ve been procrastinating and haven’t been making good progress. I was looking around blogs and forums the other day when I came across this post, and I thought that this will be a good idea to keep me accountable and on track to ace the GMAT.

This is not going to be a very formal blog but I will try to keep my records as detailed as possible. I will also include some links to posts that I find useful and inspirational. 

The prep materials I have so far are:

So…what I’ve done so far are:
1)      Refreshed my Maths with Manhattan’s Foundationsof GMAT Math 
2)      Skimmed through Foundations of GMAT Verbal 
3)      Subscribed to the Beat The GMAT’s 60-Day GMATStudy Guide 
I’ve been following the guide on what to study but progress has been very, very bad. I took around 2 months to complete Day 10 of the guide due to the festive season, work and procrastination. 

I know….I need to be more disciplined.

I’ve not taken a CAT yet, mainly because I felt that I am not exam-ready and do not want to risk being too demotivated by a very low score. I also didn’t want to waste precious CATs but I think that it was a bad strategy because I didn’t know where my weaknesses are and how to effectively improve that.

All forms of motivation, sources of inspiration to share as well as constructive criticism are welcomed! I’ll figure out how to put a chatbox in this blog later on.

I’ll be away for a holiday break and I’ll seriously start my prep on the 3rd of March, 2014. 



No comments:

Post a Comment