Sunday 30 March 2014

Weekend post + Day 15

I've been reading up on geometry according to BTG Day 15 study guide. There is quite a lot of chapters to cover on the subject in the Manhattan guide, and I think I need another two days to complete it. 

I've also finally taken my first CAT, the free sample exam provided by Manhattan  GMAT. There was an option to take the test without the IR section, which I took. I was pretty nervous because I've been putting off completing a CAT. I didn't want to be too demoralised by a score that is too low. I skipped a lot of questions in the quant section but still did not have enough time. I had about 7 questions left in the last 4 minutes and I just randomly picked answers for those questions. I read somewhere in one of the forums that it is better for the overall score to have answers than to leave the questions blank. The verbal section was pretty decent. I have not started studying for verbal yet and I kept on using too much time on sentence correction questions. Thankfully, the results were slightly better than I expected, 630 Q42 V34. 
I'm glad about the results of my first CAT and I'm now more motivated to work towards joining the coveted 700 club. :)

Today's Total:
Total Hours: 2.5
Total Hours on Quant: 2.5
Total Hours on Verbal: 0

Running Tally:
Total Hours: 27
Total Hours on Quant: 27
Total Hours on Verbal: 0

CATs:
30/3/14  MGMAT CAT 1: 630 Q42 V34

No comments:

Post a Comment